Are you being told you need an author platform or an online presence but don’t know what the heck that is? Tired of wasting valuable writing time trying to figure things out by yourself? Everyone is offering advice, but not the details you can understand?
You have come to the right place.
The Author’s On-Line Presence is a clear primer covering the topic of an author’s platform and how to use it in language that will have you feeling confident of your abilities. It will start you confidently on the road to finding readers for your work as well as confidently communicating with them.
Barb Drozdowich is the author of 27 books and has a background as a technical trainer. She started teaching in 1986 and has been breaking down complicated subjects for non-technical people ever since.
The Author’s On-Line presence is aimed at beginners and breaks down every part of an author’s platform in language suitable for even the technology challenged.
In this book you will not only learn all about the parts and pieces of a platform, but what the rules are that need to be followed. It will answer the question “why” without overwhelming.
You will learn:
- What is the difference between a blog and a website and why do you need one
- What are the popular blogging/website platforms?
- What content is needed on your blog/website to share with readers
- What is Twitter & who uses it?
- What is a Facebook profile, page & group?
- What are Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram?
- Why do you need an Amazon Author Page and a Goodreads account?
- Why is a mailing list so important?
- Most importantly, you will learn how to use an author platform to connect with and communicate with readers
This book is different than the others on this topic. It doesn’t try to convince you it is easy to sell a million copies or that being an author is an easy way to make a living. It isn’t an “I did” book.
If you are looking for help aimed at your skill level to help you along the road to marketing your book, pick up a copy of this book today.